Saturday, April 19, 2014

Relaxtion 2014

With the world being so fast paced, I'm not sure most people nowadays know the definition of relaxation. To relax means different things to different people, but at the heart of it, the term means defines the ability to slow down and rest for even just a moment.


As and Esthetician, I work hard to provide the right environment for my clients to relax. I try to engage their senses with aromatherapy, calming colors, soft blankets and sheets, and calming music. As far as I see it, I set the stage for one hour of pure bliss. But that is often interrupted by clients who simply do not know how to relax.


Sure, many of my clients slide in on their lunch break for a facial or for brow waxing. Or they have just fought Atlanta traffic to get their appointment after work. I understand being a bit frazzled in the beginning. So I make sure the room is comfortable, we have a little conversation as I begin working, and then I turn the music up and the lights down. Most of the time, one I begin the facial or decollate massage, my clients get the point that they should relax and enjoy a bit of "me" time. But there are those few that even with all of that, still can not calm down. They are anxiously awaiting a phone call or even more rudely, they answer the phone in the middle of a session.


When I first started, this was a bit offensive to me. I work hard to provide the entire experience. I began to realize that not everyone understands the concept of relaxation and what may be relaxing to me may not be to the next person.


So I have started to set a few ground rules for my treatment room. When my clients come in, I ask them to turn off their phone or turn it on vibrate. If they get into the facial bed still clutching the phone, I offer to put it aside for them. I explain to my clients that they need only give themselves 45 minutes out of their busy schedule to focus on themselves and disconnecting from electronics and social media will allow them to relax and truly enjoy the service they are paying for.


So far, it's working to break it down like that. I feel like my clients deserve my undivided attention and I give them 100%. I would love for them to do the same for me and for themselves!


Relax people. If you do, it won't be the end of the world!!


Peace and Blessings,


Tamara


Contact Tamara Here at Beauty and Skin Health

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that sounds pretty frustrating. I'm an LE also so I know exactly what you mean. I plan to lean more on the "clinical" side of skincare when I open my business, but I still wouldn't want my clients answering their phones and keeping their eyes open during treatments. Ugh! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realize it's a struggle for most to find a little peace in their day. I just hope that for 60 minutes, they can count on me to help them find a little bit of calm!

      Delete